Sunday 24 February 2013

Vegan Oat Biscuits


I’m away with work at the moment (hence my general tardiness on blog updates….so apologies for that). And although I am being put up in a lovely little flat while away so that I have the full use of kitchen facilities to cater for myself without my jam packed kitchen cupboards full of my culinary basics it is hard to get creative in the kitchen. Before I left home however I got busy baking to use up some slightly bashed bananas and made these oaty, banana biscuits that provided a perfect road trip snack. Using coconut oil as well these little cookies are vegan so a great addition to my blog.

 

  
INGREDIENTS
150g brown sugar
4 tblspns molasses
100ml coconut oil
2 bananas, mashed
Seeds scraped out from ½ vanilla pod
50g dates, chopped
200g oats
150g oat bran
1 tspn baking powder
150g plain flour

Makes approx. 28 biscuits

Pre-heat the oven to 180°C

Melt the sugar, molasses and coconut oil together in a large saucepan. Once melted and fully combined remove the pan from the heat.

Add the mashed banana, chopped dates and vanilla seeds to the saucepan and mix together.

Finally add the remaining dry ingredients to the pan and mix until well combined.

Take small portions of mixture and form into balls. Place the balls of mixture onto a baking tray lined with non-stick baking parchment and press down into a disc shape with the back of a fork.

Bake the biscuits in the oven for 15 minutes until golden brown. Remove from the oven and transfer to a wire rack to allow to cool.

These biscuits will store well in an airtight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment